Attending: John, Ryan, Marya and Fuggles!
As usual, we did this as blind as possible. John and I brought four unknowns. Marya poured in another room. Then I mixed them up. Then for no really good reason, we put them in smell order. We didn't know what anything was until it was all over.
- Elijah Craig Barrel Proof 138.8 (R)
- Ezra Brooks (circa 90's) (J)
- Four Roses Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey Single Barrel (Ledger's OBSV 58.3%) (R)
- Michter's Bourbon 10 Years (J)
- Old Rip Van Winkle Kentucky Straight Bourbon (2014) (J)
- Parker's Heritage Wheat Whiskey (J)
- Stagg Jr. Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey Barrel Proof - 129.7 (R)
- Van Winkle Special Reserve Lot "B" Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey (R)
We always have a known "starter" whiskey to open up the palate. John usually brings it.
- A Friend's Moonshine (J)
- Masterson's Old Straight Wheat Whiskey - 12 Years (J)
I usually write this stuff right after our tasting...this time not so much. Don't really remember this.
Decent stuff. Bourbon smacks it down, though.
Notes say: all good! Even if one was a wheat whiskey!
There was one clear loser in this whole tasting...can you guess which it was?
The top four were pretty close. Van Winkle 12 was the clear loser.
Old Rip 10! John gets one into the final round and it wins!